Barr's Vis-A-Dun in March Brown

For most of my mayfly duns I tie a Barr's Vis-A-Dun.  It's a great thorax type pattern and one of my favorite's.  Whether in a BWO size #18 or this March Brown in size #12 it's highly effective.

I even tie my Adam's in this pattern!

March Brown ~ Barr's Vis-A-Dun
tied and photographed by Doug Korn

Materials List:
Hook: MFC 7000 #12
Thread: 6/0 Danville in olive/brown
Tail: Coq De Leon
Rib: brown floss
Wing: Brown Copper Needloft yarn or Zelon
Hackle: Brown/olive grizzly in open turns, 3 behind wing and 3 in front
Abdomen: DK#13 tan dubbing
Thorax: DK#13 tan dubbing
note: cut "v" in bottom of hackle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making dubbing 101 a step-by-step by Doug Korn.

My last post on Blogger

Fly tying - Hendrickson and Blue Quill CDC Emergers