Quick fishing trip today - BBQ later!

Michelle went for a run today and me well, lets see, running or fishing.... Yeah right fishing of course!
So off to fish the Yellowstone River and do some rock hopping.  I had a good time too catching a couple of nice rainbow trout but whoops, forgot the camera... Then after catching 5 or 6 white fish I remembered my phone, ah-ha I have a camera on the phone!  I'm old school and keep forgetting that I have a "smart" phone now.  I caught some rainbows, browns and cutthroats and of course several white fish, a good couple of hours on the river.

my first Cutthroat of the trip ~ 16 inches and the best fish-of-the-day

Hey - my fishing buddies are here!
Walked right up on this little band of elk in the Yellowstone River, 5 in total, there was one still laying down in the cool grass.  I let them have their pool and headed for home.

Tonight we were invited to a BBQ with some of our fly fishing friends.  We had a great time visiting with everyone.  The food was over-the-top good with; steak, burgers, chicken, mac-salad, sweet potato casserole, corn on the cob and pumpkin cake.  Steph and Katherine out did themselves.  A little beer, a little wine, yeah a very nice time.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making dubbing 101 a step-by-step by Doug Korn.

My last post on Blogger

Fly tying - Hendrickson and Blue Quill CDC Emergers