Just playing...


I just recently bought a new set of Jvice Pro-jaws with the Salmon Head and Goose Neck the other day. The new head design and tension adjustment is machined from white Ertalyte.  It's more stream line than the original head and it looks good too... But the proofs in the pudding, right? 

So the last few days I've been just playing around tying some flies and enjoying this new vise and the pro-jaws.  

these Pro-jaws will be great for tying smaller fly sizes...

Here's a close up of the Pro-jaws and the Salmon Head.

If your looking to upgrade your current fly tying vise and want the very best available today. IMHO you can't go wrong with a Jvice, they are top quality and precision made.  I've tied well over 20,000 flies on my Original Goose Neck Jvice with the standard jaws without a single failure or problem of any kind.  Jay also stands behind everything they make and you won't find better customer service if you ever do have a problem.  See it here: http://www.jvice.com/pages/ordering.html


Here's a few of the flies I tied today, just for fun!

Korn's WH (Wire Head) Turkey Tail Nymph

WH Pheasant Tail Emerger

BH Pheasant Tail - scud hook version
I intend to do a full review of this new Jvice Salmon Head and the ProJaws in the near future once I've really put it through it's paces doing some production tying.  But so far, I really like the new set-up... Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. Hi, a year on how do you find the Salmon head ? does it work as well as original ?
    Appreciate you view... jd.beckett@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Doug, I am going to buy a Jvice, and I was hoping you could provide me some feedback on both the Salmon and Original head. Which do you prefer and why? Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Making dubbing 101 a step-by-step by Doug Korn.

My last post on Blogger

Fly tying - Hendrickson and Blue Quill CDC Emergers