Korn's Hopper

Folks, I've been tying lots of hoppers for the shop trying to finish up my fly tying orders. The trout fishing has been a bit off with double the rain for this month and high water levels at times. So, I've had some time to work on a new hopper design. This fly is designed with the foam in an upright position vs. a flat positioning on top of the hook shank. Seems like a good floater and it can be tied with or without the hair wing. I'll be fishing this proto-type out west next month...... What do you think?


Comments

  1. Looks like it will work. Our hopper time is about 2 weeks away here in the west. I will have to try one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Making dubbing 101 a step-by-step by Doug Korn.

My last post on Blogger

Fly tying - Hendrickson and Blue Quill CDC Emergers