Bamboo Fly Rod a Rebirth....

This past winter found me restoring a vintage Kingfisher bamboo fly rod... I posted progress of the work here on my blog. I completely stripped and then rebuilt this old cane rod to it's former glory. Well today, the circle is complete and the old girl caught 7 Yellowstone River trout this morning... I was very happy with the way the rod performed and enjoyed every minute of the hiking and fishing back in my old stomping grounds.... Here's a couple of photos...

the gear

the first fish a Cutthroat on the Kingfisher

this is what we came for 17 inches of Cutty...

Comments

  1. Well done Doug. Very fitting photos of your fine work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Alan, I try to get good photos.... but it doesn't always happen... rod, line, hooks, net, fish, standing on a slippery rock and trying to work the phone/camera.... and not hurt the fish... It can be a bit of a trick.

      Delete
  2. Doug
    Quality fly rod with a quality trout, a great combo----nice work--thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Bill..... I have another bamboo fly rod I'll be working on this winter... stay tuned.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Making dubbing 101 a step-by-step by Doug Korn.

My last post on Blogger

Fly tying - Hendrickson and Blue Quill CDC Emergers