Rubbing two sticks together.... FIRE!

Something different today I have had this on my bucket list for a while..... I made friction fire today for the very first time!

Yeah baby.... decided to give it a go yesterday. I used pear wood and was unsuccessful. I could get smoke but did not get a good burning coal. 

Today, I tried basswood. I made a new spindle and hearth board and went to work. My goal was to just get a burning and sustainable coal.

Here she is my first coal.... using the bow drill.

Tools used.... for a second and then third coal..... on this one I had a tinder bundle waiting and ...

Yes sir, blew it to flame.... It was so cool to accomplish this goal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making dubbing 101 a step-by-step by Doug Korn.

My last post on Blogger

Fly tying - Hendrickson and Blue Quill CDC Emergers