Tying the Found Link (by Kelly Galloup)

I really like this Mayfly pattern. I played around at the vise this morning and tied a few. Here's one I tied as a PMD on a #14 1xl dry fly hook. It doubles as a spinner and an upright winged Mayfly. The upright wing is also used as a sighter for us old guys and when viewed from the bottom it looks like a spinner.


Thread: Roman Moser's Power Silk 10/0 (or Danville 6/0)
Hook: Daiichi 1110
Tail: Light Pardo Whiting Coq de Leon 
Body: Deer Hair
Under Wing: Dun or Adams Gray Crinkled Z-Lon 
Thorax: Super Fine Dubbing 
Wing: Deer Hair



Comments

  1. I like it. Like a Haystack with downwings. I will give them a shot as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very similar to the Haystack, that probably why I like it... thanks Ralph...

      Delete
  2. Doug, highly visible as well as a good floater....two for us seniors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, we need all the help we old guys can get... I like to have a bit of a sighter on my dry flies if it's possible without hurting the profile of the fly. This pattern is a perfect example...

      Delete
  3. I found Kellys video as well but havent tied one yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try Norm, it's a nice tie and quick and easy...... should be a heck of a floater.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Making dubbing 101 a step-by-step by Doug Korn.

My last post on Blogger

Fly tying - Hendrickson and Blue Quill CDC Emergers