Creek Report - April 29, 2010

"On The Fly" - one of the many brown trout to come to hand this morning on the creek. The fish were taking green weenies early and then when the sun warmed things up the Korn's Oatka Stone was the hot fly. I was fishing a size 16 KOS without an over-wing in the film behind a BWO in 16 so I could use it as an indicator fly. I never took one fish on the BWO they all took the stone. A great morning of fishing was had.












The Korn's Oatka Stone fly in action.









I fished a Grey's Streamflex 8' 6" 4wt. rod fitted with a Hardy reel.

Hope you can get out and catch some too!



Comments

  1. Doug:

    Your drowned caddis got a mention today here:
    flyfishyellowstone.blogspot.com

    I got the dubbing and books yesterday. I passed one of the books on to Ben since I already have it --he could use some book learnin'. The dubbing is exactly what I wanted. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Making dubbing 101 a step-by-step by Doug Korn.

My last post on Blogger

Fly tying - Hendrickson and Blue Quill CDC Emergers