"on the fly" - Not! - fishing report 5/17/10


























































My good friend Alex (who is not a fly fisherman) and I took his boat out and fished the South end of Hemlock Lake. The target of our fishing today was pickerel. They were in the weed beds and we found them with spinning gear and frog imitations. I haven't spin fished since the early 80's and Alex laughed when he saw my gear. But it was fun, something different and we caught some good fish. The old gear worked just fine... We fished no bait, only top water weedless plugs and the pickerel crashed what we offered. Four of the pickerel were over 24 inches which is big for "pick's" around here. We caught a few big small mouth bass too. I gotta get Alex fly fishing!

Enjoy the photos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making dubbing 101 a step-by-step by Doug Korn.

My last post on Blogger

Fly tying - Hendrickson and Blue Quill CDC Emergers