Yellowstone National Park... Brook Trout tune-up

Michelle and I hit a small brook trout stream in YNP today.  Michelle hasn't fly fished since our trip out here in 2011 so this was a good first outing for her to "practice" on some willing brookies.  It's like riding a bike for her and she was back in form in no time.

Great pocket water fishing with lots of wild brook trout.



tough to beat the beauty of a brook trout...

Michelle with one of many on the day.

Michelle working up the middle of the creek in this photo.  "Picking-the-Pockets" with accurate casting and fly placement behind the boulders and in the runs.

We only used two flies today, a Coachman Trude and a Wiese's Clacka Caddis.


Today I used my Ben Turpin custom G-series fly rod.
I thought it was an appropriate choice with the Turpin's hand painted brook trout on the rod.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tying the Found Link (by Kelly Galloup)

tying the Isonychia Nymph

Fly tying - Hendrickson and Blue Quill CDC Emergers