Floating the Yellowstone...

My very good friend Ben and I floated the Yellowstone River today. What a glorious trip it was, great fellowship, scenery and fishing. Ben is a local guide and he and I guided together for Parks Fly Shop. Ben rowed today and I did all the fishing, what a deal. The last time we floated together was in 2016. We also had Wilson along with us then. A great friend and fellow guide. I had fished with Wilson for a couple years and then he took my guide spot when I left the shop. In 2016 he was sick with cancer and it was the last time we fished together. We lost him last year. This trip was in memory of Wilson Eich.

I had wonderful day... thanks Ben, for everything.

Ben and I he's the young guy...

Ben with my first fish of the day... I caught everything the Yellowstone had to offer; Cutthroat, Cutt-bows,  Rainbows, Browns and a White fish... Nothing too big 7-14 inches, but we had constant action. Maybe Wilson had something to do with that...


Cutthroat

As we were floating Ben spotted this Bald Eagle ahead...

as we got closer to the Eagle I caught this nice Cutthroat....


As we floated by the Eagle he took off for the other side of the river.

Last fish of the day a beauty...






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making dubbing 101 a step-by-step by Doug Korn.

My last post on Blogger

Fly tying - Hendrickson and Blue Quill CDC Emergers