Lava Creek Trail - Hike and fish, solo..


8/1/18 This hike had everything. I saw two Yellow-bellied Marmots and a bunch of Prairie Dogs while hiking. While fishing I had a close encounter of the Bison kind. The bull won, I quit fishing and gave him my spot, cause I'm a nice guy. I was walking along the trail when I stepped on a snake skin from a Bull snake, luckily he wasn't in it. Fishing was good I caught several Brook Trout and then the sky opened with thunder and lightning and rain. After the rain passed the mosquitos were awful. I got bit up bad no repellent in the pack, crap, they were relentless. I caught a Brown Trout and shortly after that I packed it in for the long hike out. On the drive back to town I saw some Big Horn Sheep crossing the road. 5 miles of rough trail. I'm a little sore after so much hiking lately, but hey thats okay, just getting into better shape one day at a time. 







Comments

  1. Getting in shape is a good thing, it's the pain to deal with that's a not to good a thing.
    I enjoyed you day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true I often say if I could get out every day and hike and fish I'd be in top shape...



      Delete
  2. Looks like the dries were working for you, beautiful stream you was fishing----no need for gym work when you accomplish a hike like that---thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I enjoy fishing the dry flies, today it was a; UK Bomber, Parachute Spent-wing Caddis and a Neversink.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Making dubbing 101 a step-by-step by Doug Korn.

My last post on Blogger

Fly tying - Hendrickson and Blue Quill CDC Emergers