Pocket Water...

Michelle had Yoga class this morning and I had to tie some hoppers at the shop...  But boy the weather was perfect for fishing, no wind, sunny and in the 80's.  I was chomping at the bit to get out and wet a line...

I met Chelle back at the camper for lunch.  After lunch she said she was going to take our dog, Stella for a walk thru town and then over to the high school to throw the ball for her and then find a shady spot and read her book...  She asked me if I'd like to go along or was I going to go fishing?

I hesitated, that sounded like a trick question... But she assured me that she wanted to take it easy today and that I should go if I wanted... So, I went... Am I'm a lucky guy or what?

I had great fishing in the Gardner River this afternoon.  I hiked in below Osprey Falls and had classic pocket water fishing, my favorite.  High fast water makes for tiny pockets and demands accurate casting, great fun...  I managed to catch the "Gardner Trout Slam" as we call it, consisting of a; rainbow, cutthroat, cutbow, brown and brook trout.  All-in-all the fishing and the catching was outstanding. With lots of golden stone flies flying around it didn't surprise me that the  fly of the day was a Korn's Split Tail Golden Stone.  Yeah, the fish  are look'in up!  ~ Doug

A fat Brown Trout

This Rainbow was just one of many.

My only Cutthroat of the day.

For dinner -  pizza on the grill... Does it get any better than this?

Comments

  1. Wow...it doesn't get any better than that. Glad to see you guys are living the dream! I am a bit jealous. :) That brown trout is really fat!

    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Russ, we wish you were here too... That brown was getting fat on Golden Stone flies the Gardner has been covered up with them and the fishing has been great... Hope all is well in VA... Dad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Making dubbing 101 a step-by-step by Doug Korn.

My last post on Blogger

Fly tying - Hendrickson and Blue Quill CDC Emergers